Mike Huckabee is to this presidential race as Howard Dean was to 2004:
- Both were small-start Governors with modest records.
- Both started out as minor candidates.
- Both catapulted to the front by capturing a bloc of voters who were leaderless: the Democratic antiwar left and the Republican Christian right.
- Both turned out to have a lot of baggage in what they did and said as Governors.
- And neither one looks like a President.
In the end, Dean imploded. Look for Huck to follow suit soon.
Click Here to discuss and comment on this and other articles.